Sunday 19 September 2010

Aveda Brief



I'm currently working on a brief which requires me to design a motif/pattern to be used on both wrapping paper and a carrier bag for Aveda; who manufacture high end cosmetics and body care products using natural ingredients  Having researched this company I have found that they go for natural, earthy, soft colour palettes to represent their passion for naturally sourced ingredients.
I have used some of my summer sketchbook work, (where I took photographs of flowers) as these florals will represent a botanical and organic theme.
I have experimented with Illustrator to come up with some sample motifs and patterns. Being inspired by Gary Hume I like the idea of layering and line, shape and texture. The florals are layered on top of one another to appear delicate and translucent. I've kept some of the heavy outlines of the floral shapes to emphasize the flowing and structured shape of the lines

No comments:

Post a Comment