Tuesday 20 September 2011

Negotiated Brief

Bright Colours

Old Glamour My Studio Space





I decided to take a different route with my design work and will be focusing on the fashion side of surface pattern design. I've been inspired by bright colours, jewels, paints, insects, florals, Madame Gres dresses, P. Horst and old glamour! My brief is to design a pattern to be printed onto fabric, suited for a runway dress. So far I have collated my drawings, photographs and scans from books/magazines to create two moodboards. One moodboard theme is Old Glamour where I have gone for black and white colours only, to reflect the idea of old fashion and P. Horst's photography. My second moodboard is Bright Colours, which is about fun fashion, bright paints, paint experiments and florals.


My next step is to experiment with silk screen printing and hopefully combine my two themes together to create patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment