Wednesday 25 January 2012

Portfolio Visit - Krishta Fitzsimmons


I met with an Art teacher, Kirshta Fitzsimmons who teaches art to primary school pupils at an independent school in Cheadle. Kirshta provided very helpful feedback and advice on my portfolio. I decided to select a few sketchbooks and design sheets from previous projects as well as current ones, to show Kirshta the progression of my work. Also if there were pieces from previous projects that could be developed and incorporated into my Final Major Project brief.
After showing Kirshta my Midsummer Night's Dream sketchbook and my photographs of flowers she commented, "the sketchbooks are so tactile and fragrant. Pages are inviting and the size of the book works in complete harmony with its contents. " Kirshta also said, "Ink Illustrations show real progression. Love the monochrome theme. Designs are beautifully executed. Ideas are modern and fresh. Excellent use of media, very varied and professional, sensitive use of colour."
Kirshta also suggested to add a bit of character and texture to my sketchbooks in future and to have a go at trapping flowers inside empty tea bags and possibly cover in hot wax.
It was lovely to hear such positive feedback and also to get feedback from someone who is in another area of design, which I found invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment