Thursday 15 March 2012

Silk screen print samples...




Managed to book time in the print room and finally get started on some sample silk screen prints! Unfortunately I have only completed two silk print designs at the moment but aim to produce several more on Tuesday! I used an A3 size board to paint my designs onto as I wanted to create bigger, fuller designs, as I tend to stick to small and confined paintings.
I'm very happy with how they both came out and especially how some of the colours have merged together. The Peacock design is exactly the kind of colour palette I want to use and I also think these two particular designs (I copied from my current sketchbook) fit well in a scarf design as they have a good flowing, trailing effect. It will be good to hang these samples from a mannequin and see how the design appears when wrapped around a neck and how they can be worn.
My next step in designing is possibly trapping some fake flowers against a painted background and putting into the heat press, I would love to see what kind of outlines and shapes this may give the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment