Tuesday 20 March 2012

Teenage market stall...


In between all of the hustle and bustle of my final major project, I took some time out to think how to market my work and most importantly start designing business cards (in preparation for the degree show).
I thought about getting my business cards professionally printed but it would loose the textures and shades of my drawing, I like to stick to old traditions and methods! It did take some time to make the business cards but I'm very pleased with the outcome. I have showed my business cards to a few people and have been asked why I did not draw tulips (as my business name is Tulip Designs) but I thought the essence of my work is mainly floral patterns and paintings, I like the sound of Tulip and it has pretty and flowery connotations which sums up my work!
Luckily I found a great opportunity to sell some of my work locally at The Teenage Market, which is happening inside the old Stockport Market hall 1st April. The stalls were free to young designers/students which was a big plus! For the stall I will be selling greetings cards and fashion illustration postcards, however I still have a few to produce yet. I'm looking forward to getting a taster of what it is like to sell my work, also to think from a business perspective and how I will price my work and present it. It's going to be a really busy day from the sounds of it and so many varied stalls ranging from vintage/second hand clothes stalls to dancing! http://www.theteenagemarket.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment