Friday 16 December 2011

Scarves from View magazine...



                                          Images from View Magazine, Spring 2009 Issue 85
             

I was having a look through an old copy of View magazine from Spring 2009, Issue 85 and came across some forecasts for scarves that season. I like the contrast of the delicate looking scarves being shot against an urban/city backdrop, (a theme I have not really explored which I could work on next term)  Even though they were from a couple of years ago they were still quite inspiring and pretty to look at.  Though also it’s funny just how often fashion goes around and comes around and certain styles and themes are recycled through the seasons.  I noticed how similar the abstract colours and the colourful florals looked similar to designers I have looked at such as Echo designs and Me and Kashmiere.

It has made me think about my Final Major Project for next term and possibly carrying on with designing scarves but with a different theme and ideas.  Also ideas on how I could improve from the final scarf I produced and generate further patterns and designs. I think it would be a good idea to pursue another scarf brief in order to better my printing skills and take more risks with pattern designing.  Another idea to take on board is the size and to probably go bigger with the fabric. Most importantly I think I should also produce a few designs on Photoshop or Illustrator as I did not do this with my Negotiated Brief. This would be very helpful in thinking about how to place certain images or colours or sizes before producing final designs. I’d like to be able to create symmetrical patterns on the computer as I think a mirrored effect would be quite stunning.  My computer skills also need a bit of improvement too so this would help me produce better computer designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment