Friday 27 April 2012

Brooklyn Pottery visit...


Today I made a trip to the lovely and quaint Brooklyn Pottery in Shaw Heath, a cafe, gallery and a place to create pottery! I loved the quirky style inside with a subway map on the wall and New York skyline on the stairs!
I spoke with Vic (who I met at the The Teenage Market) about my cards and if she would like to sell them in her shop and she was very happy to. She said they were a very good price and maybe to slightly up the price a bit, am finding it hard to price my work as I'm new to selling and really don't know my works value! Vic suggested designing Father's Day cards as this is an event fast approaching. Vic found my cards different and liked the stencilled font and colours.
I left my cards with Vic and she would sell them for me and keep in contact with how it's going, she also suggested making a little display of business cards and a bit of information about my cards and how I create them.
 It was great to pop in and visit a new up and coming gallery, cafe and pottery rolled into one! Especially to get positive feedback and good suggestions on my cards. A lovely place and they make good lattes too!
http://www.brooklynpottery.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment