Tuesday 24 April 2012

Final design proposal...


Above is my design for my final silk scarf! It is an A2 watercolour piece painted from an observation of lovely Lilies. I have slightly exaggerated the colours to have a more vibrant and vivid effect against the pale, white background. The red and green complimentary colours also add to this appealing design. The Lilies work their way upwards going from large to small so when printed onto silk the wearer has a nice trailing effect of florals when draped or tied around their neck.
Before printing onto the silk (Habotai silk) I will roll the seams of the square metre of silk and use a very short and fine stitch to prevent fraying and make the scarf look professional (as from my secondary research I found all silk scarves have this finish).
I won't dye the fabric as I really like the idea of a white background as it looks quite pure and projects the design quite well, also I was worried about having too many colours in my colour palette.
I aim to start printing this Thursday as this large design could take a while to produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment